The 15 Best Neighborhoods with A Rated Schools & Low Tax Rates in the Woodlands Area
Good morning friend!
Today I am so excited to bring you a list and some research I put together to help parents and individuals locate neighborhoods and homes with low tax rates while being zoned to the top schools in the area. I looked at the A rated schools north of Grand Parkway 99 and within a square that I would declare “The Woodlands Area”. While some of these neighborhoods are on the outskirts of The Woodlands, I still thought it would be a nice way to compare all the most desirable neighborhoods with tax rates below 3%.
Highly Desired Schools + Top Rated Schools
The elementary schools that made the list are:
- Bush Elementary School
- Deretchin Elementary School
- Buckalew Elementary School
- Galatas Elementary School
- Stewart Elementary School
- Timber Creek Elementary School
- French Elementary School
- Metzler Elementary School
- Creekview Elementary School
- Glen Loch Elementary School
- Sam Hailey Elementary School
- Northampton Elementary School (No longer an A school, but a highly desired neighborhood.)
- Kohrville Elementary School
- Bear Branch Elementary School
- Oak Ridge Elementary School
- Creekside Forest Elementary School
- Tough Elementary School
- Colin Powell Elementary School
- Sally K Ride Elementary School
- David Elementary School
- Kaufman Elementary School
- Birnham Woods Elementary School
For my original list I was looking for a particular client looking for a particular type of home, so the original list focused on homes between $450k and $900k with swimming pools, and that list can be seen below. One thing to note is that the tax rates for each home, even if within the same “neighborhood”, fluctuates depending on its exact location, and which (typically water aka “MUD”) district it falls within. So it is important to know each “neighborhood” actually has a range, and you must look at the exact home to truly know the tax rate.
Best Neighborhoods with Highly Desired Schools & Low Tax Rates
- Lake Creek Forest | Tax Rate: 2.01% | Homes for Sale
- Ridgelake Shores | Tax Rate: 2.01% | Homes for Sale
- Lake Windcrest | Tax Rate: 2.11% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Grogan’s Mill in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.21% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Panther Creek in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.22% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Indian Springs in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.24% | Homes for Sale
- Waterstone Estates | 2.28% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Cochran’s Crossing in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.30% | Homes for Sale
- Northampton | Tax Rate: 2.31% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Sterling Ridge in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.35% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Alden Bridge in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.39% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Creekside Park in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.81% | Homes for Sale
- Canyon Lakes at Legends Ranch | Tax Rate: 2.83% | Homes for Sale
- Woodforest in Montgomery & Conroe | Tax Rate: 2.90% | Homes for Sale
- Enclave at Imperial Oaks | Tax Rate 2.96%
Please note the searches for the villages in The Woodlands, are not 100% accurate. There is no actual wording you can put into HAR to get only homes from a particular village. But if you are looking for a particular home within certain parameters, just send those my way, and I can help you create a niched search. ?
List that Focuses on Conservatively Priced Homes
For my second list, I focused on homes between $250k and $450k. That list is here:
- Carriage Hills | Tax Rate: 2.01% | Homes for Sale
- Montgomery Trace | Tax Rate: 2.01% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Alden Bridge in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.07%
- Westwood | Tax Rate: 2.11% | Homes for Sale
- Oak Ridge North | Tax Rate: 2.17% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Grogan’s Mill in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.21%
- The Village of Panther Creek in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.27%
- The Village of Cochran’s Crossing in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.27%
- The Village of Indian Springs in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.27%
- Creekwood Acres | Tax Rate: 2.31% | Homes for Sale
- Canyon Creek | Tax Rate: 2.35% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Sterling Ridge in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.35%
- Imperial Oaks | Tax Rate: 2.66% | Homes for Sale
- The Village of Creekside Park in The Woodlands | Tax Rate: 2.81%
- Woodforest in Montgomery & Conroe | Tax Rate: 2.82% | Homes for Sale
- Canyon Lakes at Legends Ranch | Tax Rate: 2.83% | Homes for Sale
- Auburn Lakes | Tax Rate: 2.89% | Homes for Sale
- Northampton + Estates and Forest | Tax Rate: 2.89% | Homes for Sale
Again, please take not that each neighborhood has a range, but the tax rates above are directly from homes that are currently for sale as of today in February 2020. And please confirm all data that led you to buy a particular home: the school, the tax rate, and if it is in a flood zone.
And I also created this blog post: Greater Houston Neighborhoods and Master Planned Communities with Low Tax Rates.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected].
There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! :)
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: https://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
Thank you so much for trusting us.
- Jordan Marie Schilleci, REALTOR® & Owner, Jo & Co. Realty Group
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience.
We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil.
One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.