New STEM-focused school nearing completion in Elyson
Despite the fact that many of you are familiar with this school, there are some who may not be, especially those who are planning to move to Katy for the first time. So, let me introduce you to one of the top rated schools in Katy.
Harmony Public Schools, is a free and open enrollment public charter school system with an A rating from the Texas Education Agency. Harmony Public Schools, focusing on science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Schools in Harmony's North Houston District were ranked among the best high schools by US News & World Report, and among the best STEM schools in America by Newsweek.
Character.org has also recognized Harmony Public Schools - Houston North District as an official State School of Character. Not only that, but the Harmony system also has a 98% graduation rate for seniors and 100% college acceptance rate. In fact, 64 percent of graduates are the first in their families to complete college. This excellent school is located on a 26-acre campus at 22855 Elyson Falls Dr. at the southeast corner of Elyson Falls and Peek Road, between FM 529 and Beckendorff Road.
Also, Harmony plans to build on a 59,000-square-foot elementary school that will open in August. A new Harmony elementary school at Elyson features a state-of-the-art design by Corpus Christi-based Gignac Architects that will serve as a prototype for future Harmony campuses. The design includes standard classrooms, specialized learning spaces, technology labs, a maker's space and outdoor learning areas.
According to a trusted resource, construction of the new Harmony School of Excellence - Katy at Elyson is on schedule, with the elementary school building on track to welcome its first students in August.
So, as we get closer to the opening date of this top-rated school, we wanted to share some brief updates:
- HSE – Katy is pleased to announce its principal, Christopher Hassan, who lives in Elyson. We will have an in-depth interview with Mr. Hassan later this summer.
- As of mid-June, Kindergarteners, First Graders, Second Graders, and Sixth Graders still have spots left. Harmony schools do not set attendance boundaries and all qualified students are welcome to apply. For more information, please visit apply.harmonytx.org
- An expansion for the HSE – Katy at Elyson campus is already being planned, with new facilities to house middle and high school students up to Grade 12. A timeline for the construction and completion of this new phase should be available by this fall, and we’ll be sure to provide an update.
- The next phase will bring a 90,000-square-foot high school and middle school building,but no dates have been set yet. We will keep you updated.
- HSE - Katy has already introduced several after-school clubs, and another institution will provide a daycare program for enrolled students after school.
I hope you have found this blog post super helpful. If there is anything else we can do for you, including helping you sell (or buy) a home, I would be honored to assist. I hope you have a great day/evening. Cheers, Jo & Co.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.