Is The Woodlands a rich area?
Is The Woodlands a rich area? This is a complex question, and ironically, The Woodlands was created with the help from a federal government program, as not just a master planned community, but only successful master-planned community in the federal new town program.
So keep in mind, The Woodlands started its development back in the 1960s. The social program I mentioned was administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to help solve social and economic turmoil plaguing major cities at the time. Title VII of the Housing loan guaranteed up to $50 million to support development of new communities that would agree to goals in affordable housing, environmental planning, and affirmative social programs.
So I assume you can see a little bit of irony here, because, overall, the answer you came here looking for is.. Yes, The Woodlands is viewed as a rich area. Back in 2004, when looking at the Houston market overall, 30% was priced below $150k. The starting cost to build in The Woodlands was $160k, yet the average home was $270k.
There are still affordable housing options today, depending on how you define affordable. Below I am going to list all your options for housing from least expensive aka "affordable" to "rich-and-famous". Lol.
Homes for Rent
Most affordable housing - apartment: Laurelwoode, Research Forest Drive, $724 for a 1 bedroom (far northwest edge of The Woodlands area)
Most affordable housing - apartment - best location: Lexington, Sawmill Road, $875 for a 1 bedroom (center of The Woodlands)
- Link to apartments for rent.
- 1 & 2 bedroom condos: starting at $950 a month. Link to rentals, sorted low to high.
- Single family home, 3 bedrooms: starting at $1495 a month. Link to rentals, 3 bedrooms and larger. Townhomes included, and starting at $1650.
There are homes of all different price points when it comes to rentals. Now we are going to switch gears, and focus on homes for sale.
Homes for Sale
Most affordable options:
• 1 bedroom condo, starting at $100k.
• 2 bedroom condo, starting at $170k.
• 3 bedroom single family home, starting at $185k.
Most luxurious options:
• Park Place Brownstones, found within the prestigious East Shore enclave, $500s - $1M+ | Link to homes.
• Remington Brownstones, found just within a stone's throw of The Waterway in the Town Center Village, starting in the $600s | Link to homes.
• Two Waterway Lofts, also found in the Town Center Village, on The Waterway, 1-2 bedrooms, $500s - $700s | Link to homes.
• Lakeside Cove at Grogan's Mill, Mediterranean waterfront villa inside a exclusive gated community overlooking the lake and Oaks Golf Course, $600s, $1M+ | Link to homes.
• Waterway Village, Luxury living located within Town Center, at the heart of The Woodlands, $500s-$600s | Link to homes.
• Waterway Landing, Tucked inside East Shore's Garden District, this gated escape houses homes between $900k and $2M. Some of the homes are on the waterway! | Link to homes.
• Knight's Crossing Townhomes, Situated on the serene fairways of the Gary Player Golf Course, you can find this enclave tucked away inside of The Village of Sterling Ridge, homes are priced between $400k-$700k. | Link to homes.
Single Family Homes
There are two main gated areas of The Woodlands for $1M +. Carlton Woods is a village and Carlton Woods at Creekside is an enclave.
Carlton Woods was developed first and houses a 52,000-square-foot Italianate clubhouse that was constructed in 2003. The Club at Carlton Woods is home to two nationally-recognized courses that were designed by Tom Fazio and Jack Nicklaus. The Club at Carlton Woods is where you can find a full calendar of events, a fine dining experience, and amenities that cater to your health and wellness. The club also offers a full-service spa and tennis courts. Within Carlton Woods Creekside, you can find the second club house, which was built in 2007. It is 20,000-square-feet.
Gated Villages & Enclaves:
• Carlton Woods
• Carlton Woods at Creekside Park
• Gary Glen, within the village Sterling Ridge, homes sit on oversized lots (about 1-2 acres),
• West Isle, within the village of Panther Creek, bordering Lake Woodlands
• The Pointe, within the village of Panther Creek, bordering a lush greenbelt
There are so many homes and enclaves in The Woodlands, and honestly all of the villages are amazing. As cliched as it sounds, it really depends on my budget and needs to help you find the best village and enclave for you. Since we are talking luxury, I wanted to show you where the concentration of million dollar (plus) homes are:
• Largest lots: The Village of Grogan's Mill, $1M - $4 estate lots | Link to homes for sale
• You can find one of a kind homes in other villages, such as Cochran's Crossing, Indian Springs, Panther Creek, Sterling Ridge, East Shore, and Creekside Park.
• In the front of The Woodlands you will find East Shore and Grogan's Mill. The appeal of Grogan's Mill is that it is an established section of homes mostly built in the 80s and 90s, with larger lots, and lots of trees. The appeal of East Shore is its location (proximity to Town Center, Market Street, Hughes Landing, and The Waterway), and the gorgeous and newer homes. In East Shore you will find lots of different types of homes. Obviously, these are my favorite areas of The Woodlands.
As you can see, The Woodlands has a lot to offer for everyone. If you are looking to relocate to the area, I would love to answer any of your questions, and be your real estate agent.
Homes for Sale in The Woodlands, Texas
Relocating to the Houston Suburbs?
If you are looking to relocate to the area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our one-of-a-kind YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected].
There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! :)
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
Thank you so much for trusting us.
- Jordan Marie Schilleci, REALTOR® & Owner, Jo & Co. Realty Group
- Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
- Email us! [email protected].
- Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
- Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience.
We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil.
One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.