Hampton Creek Market Update | April 18, 2022
Today I will be sharing with you our perspective on the local real estate market here in Spring, Texas, specifically a market update for the neighborhood of Hampton Creek. Whether you are looking to buy, sell, or just keep an eye on the market, we look forward to being your resource.
What is happening in the real estate market in Hampton Creek?
We currently have 0 homes pending, with only 1 homes sold in the last two weeks, averaging a sale price of $172 a square foot. All homes sold over asking price, with one home selling 2.3% above the listing price. The number of sold homes per week is low, but this is consistent historically. There has been a modest increase in price from last year, which is a bit unsettling when most communities in the area are seeing a large rise from this time last year. This could be due to the tax rate, or commonalities from house to house. If you take a look at listings in the neighborhood almost everyones bathroom is identical, and kitchens share the same cabinets, granite, fixtures, etc. Taking advantage of the current seller's market may be a smart thing to do sooner than later.
Check out the graphic below for a larger overview of the real estate market for the last two weeks in Hampton Creek.
What is happening in the real estate market nationally?
Mortgage rates trended higher last week as the market continued to adjust and prepare for the Fed’s May meeting. The consumer price index climbed to a fresh 40-year high while mortgage applications fell. Continuing jobless claims decreased while initial jobless claims rose higher. Retail sales climbed despite high inflation levels.
|MORTGAGE RATES CURRENTLY TRENDING||THIS WEEK'S POTENTIAL VOLATILITY|
- RE/MAX CEO speaks about what’s driving the hot housing market. Watch Now >>
- Fed officials discuss possibility of 40-year mortgage terms. Read Now >>
- Can home building innovations help revive the home inventory? Listen Now >>
- The consumer price index rose a seasonally adjusted 1.2% month-over-month in March after rising 0.8% in February. Year-over-year, the consumer price index rose 8.5% -- again hitting a new 40-year high. Increases in prices for gas, shelter, and food were the largest contributors to overall rise. Another key factor contributing to the climb is the Russia-Ukraine conflict. The core consumer price index, stripping out food and energy, increased 0.3% monthly and 6.5% annually.
- Mortgage application submissions decreased 1.3% during the week ending 4/8, a smaller decrease than the week before. The Refinance Index fell 5% while the Purchase Index increased 1%.
- Continuing jobless claims dropped lower during the week ending 4/2, down to a level of 1.48 million. Initial jobless claims, however, increased to a level of 185,000 during the week ending 4/9.
- Retail sales increased 0.5% month-over-month in March. This is slightly lower than expected and a small pace slower than the previous month. Inflation pressures are likely affecting many consumers’ purchases.
Can we sell yours?
So if you are in need of a listing agent, we would love the opportunity to see your home and meet you of course. My husband, Edward, and I, look forward to being the brokerage and team for you! You can reach out to us via email: [email protected] & [email protected] or telephone: 832-493-6685.
If you are curious 'How to get more money for your home when listing it for sale', check out this blog post.
I hope you have found this blog post super helpful. If there is anything else we can do for you, including helping you sell (or buy) a home, I would be honored to assist. I hope you have a great day/evening. Cheers, E + J.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us, Jo.
• Navigate our blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/.
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us: http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected]
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire: http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.