Fall Guide The Woodlands TX
We know that all seasons are beautiful, but there is just something about fall that really gets us going. It gives us a chance to reconnect with friends and family through holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Also, during the fall season, there are plenty of fun things to do in Houston with kids! You can take them to a local farm or visit a farmers' market, go on a hike or play at the park, or attend one of the city's many kid-friendly festivals or events.
So, whether you’re looking for the best place to roast marshmallows, carve pumpkins, or simply enjoy the great outdoors this autumn, we’re here to help with some great fall activities and places you can visit during the season!
Drive through the Fall foliage
- McKinney Falls State Park | 5808 McKinney Falls Pkwy, Austin, TX 78744
Just three hours drive from downtown Houston, this park is an excellent location for spotting foliage and enjoying a weekend getaway from the city. Also, there are 81 campsite options and activities such as hiking or biking in 9 miles of trails, fishing, swimming, bouldering, and picnicking.
- Daingerfield State Park | 455 Park Rd 17, Daingerfield, TX 75638
A little further north, Daingerfield State Park is a good spot for a weekend jaunt as it is about four hours out of The Woodlands. Nonetheless, the park is great for camping, and Paddle boating on a lake. Guests can also visit Daingerfield as a spring break trip and enjoy the purple wisteria, honeysuckle, white dogwoods, redbuds and more that bloom in the spring.
- Guadalupe River State Park | 3350 Park Road 31 Spring Branch, TX 78070
Just less than 4 hours drive from The Woodlands, the Guadalupe River State Park has beautiful views on the water and foliage during the fall months. Most people visit the park to float the river, but guests are also welcome to camp, explore 13 miles of hike and bike trails, kayak, canoe and more.
Get Lost in Corn Maze
- P-6 Farms | 9963 Pooles Rd, Montgomery, TX 77356
P-6 is a great place to visit with friends and family during the fall. There are lots of fun activities for everyone, including farm animals, produce fields, pumpkin patches, and much more.
- Tomball Corn Maze | 22601 Lutheran Church Rd, Tomball, TX 77377
This family-friendly, 5-acre corn maze will open from late September–early November.
Go Apple Picking
- Efurd Orchard | 4004 Highway 271 South, Pittsburg TX 75686
The Efurd family has been producing high-quality fruits & vegetables since 1972. Their orchard offers apples, peaches, plums, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, blueberries, and strawberries. They have a store where you can get homemade ice cream, jams, and many other goods. There’s a small pond on the land and vintage trucks!
- Atkinson Farms | 3217 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77388, United States
If you're in the mood to pick your own fruits and vegetables, look no further than Atkinson Farms. Here you can find fresh strawberries, fresh locally grown seasonal produce, and more—all right here in Spring, Texas.
Attend a Fall Festival
- P-6 Farms | 9963 Pooles Rd, Montgomery, TX 77356
Get ready to see pigs race, blast some apples and enjoy some rides at P-6 Farms! Opening on October 1 and going through November 6, get your tickets ahead of time to save the hassle.
- Oak Ridge North Annual Fall Festival | 26531 Hillside Drive, Oak Ridge North, TX - Marilyn Edgar Park
Join the fun on October 08, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM as you shop for the holidays, enjoy some tasty food, ride the train and win some games! Did we mention it's FREE!?
Visit a Local Pumpkin Patch
- Old Time Christmas Tree Farm - 632 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77379
Open on the weekends in October to find the perfect pumpkin!
- P-6 Farms - 9963 Pooles Rd, Montgomery, TX 77356
Pick your own pumpkin or select one from the pre-picked pile! Open Oct 1- Nov 6, 10 am - 7 pm on the weekends.
Go to Live Music
- Concert in the Park @ Northshore Park | 2505 Lake Woodlands Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77381
This popular tradition is starting back up on September 11 and running through October 23rd for live music every Sunday night starting @ 5:30 PM. Grab your blankets and chairs and don't miss out on this!
- Rock the Row - Fall Series @ Hughes Landing | 1950 Hughes Landing Blvd., The Woodlands, TX 77380
Starting on October 13 and going through November 10, enjoy live music every Thursday night @ 7 PM while taking in the view of Lake Woodlands.
Go to a Farmer's Market
- The Woodland's Farmers Market at Grogan's Mill | 7 Switchbud, Pl, The Woodlands, TX 77380
A weekly community event is hosted on Saturdays starting at 9 AM where you will find local produce, artisan goods, and prepared food.
- Theiss Farms Market | 2008 Rayford Road, Spring, Texas 77386, United States
Pick what you need from a large selection of local fresh products. Opened every day during the week starting at 10 AM.
Best Places That Sell Pie
- House of Pies in The Woodlands | 1330 Lake Woodlands Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380
Fresh, homemade pies to enjoy on a special night out or if you just want something to enjoy! Serving you specialty pies, fruit pies, cheesecakes, cream pies and much more!
- Pie in the Sky | 3600 N. Loop 336 W. Conroe, TX 77304
From a slice of pie to a whole pie, there are multiple yummy flavors to choose from. Decide from the Lemon Ice Box, Raspberry Sugar Cream and Vanishing Blueberry.. I could try them all!
Participate in a Halloween Costume Contest
- Trick or Treat Trail @ Northshore Park | 2505 Lake Woodlands Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77381 | Oct. 22, 2022
Starting at 2 PM, creatures of all ages are welcomed at this spooky event! Children are able to walk from vendor to vendor to trick or treat. You'll also be able to enjoy food trucks and carnival games!
- Into the Woods Halloween Party | 1601 Lake Robbins Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380 | Oct. 22, 2022
This one is geared more towards adults for a spooky night out. Buy your tickets, get dressed up and head over to join the party. A packed night with live music, a photo booth, mystery boxes, hocus pocus drinks, and a costume contest all for charity!
Get Spooked at a Haunted House
- The Haunted Trails | 11500 Antoine Dr., Houston, TX 77066
Come face to face with your worst nightmares!
- Nightmarez Haunted House | 19210 Nasworthy Drive, Tomball, TX 77375
This FREE haunted house runs Oct. 28 - Oct. 31 so be sure to mark it on your calendar!
Hike in a National Park
- Big Thicket National Preserve - FM 420, Kountze, TX 77625, United States
This is the only one that is a convenient day trip from the city, as it’s situated about an hour and 40 minutes away by car. Big Thicket protects a long, narrow preserve lining the banks of a few meandering creeks. This kind of environment consists of multiple interrelated habitats that attract a wide variety of wildlife. Among the nine different ecosystems in the park are pine forest, bayous, and wetlands. Popular activities here are kayaking, canoeing, and hiking. There are about 40 miles of hiking trails in the park.
- Waco Mammoth National Monument - 6220 Steinbeck Bend Dr, Waco, TX 76708, United States
Waco Mammoth National Monument one of the best national parks near Houston is where you can see a collection of “in situ” fossils, meaning that they’re still embedded in the place where they were originally discovered. / distance from sugar land is 2 hours and 55 minutes.
My Favorite Places to Black Friday Shop
- The Woodlands Mall - 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr Suite 700, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Walking through this 2-story mall and more than 160 shops, you'll be looking at all sorts of deals left and right. A food court is also fitted right in the center for you convenience!
- Market Street - 9595 Six Pines Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Want more of a luxury shopping experience? Shop among the 90+ stores in the open air.
Watch an Autumn Sunset
- The Woodlands Waterway - 31 Waterway Square Place The Woodlands, TX 77380
Take in the beautiful sunsets while walking along the waterway. Better yet, take out a kayak or paddle board from Riva Row Boat House out on the lake and sit in peace!
- Rose Rooftop - 20 Waterway Ave The Woodlands, TX
A rooftop view of the sunset? Say no more! Located on The Woodlands Waterway, enjoy a nice dinner and some drinks during the golden hour of the sunset.
Take a Hayride
- Old Time Christmas Tree Farm - 632 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77379
Come take a hayride on the weekends in October and enjoy the fresh air! After the hayride, be sure to snag a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and grab some snacks.
- Oil Ranch - 23501 Macedonia Rd, Hockley, TX 77447, United States
Oil Ranch offers many fun activities for the whole family, including cow milking, pony rides, mini golf, hay ride, and a petting zoo. The pumpkin patch is a great place to pick out the perfect pumpkin for Halloween! It will open on October 1st, 2022.
Watch a Parade
- 73rd Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade - Near City Hall on Smith St.
On November 24 at 9AM, gather around in downtown Houston for this spectacular parade! With over 20 blocks long of floats, marching bands and balloons!
Outdoor Movie Events
- Cinema Under the Stars - 14420 Liberty St, Montgomery, TX
Join a Turkey Trots
- YMCA Run Thru the Woods | 2005 Lake Robbins Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Participate in a 5-mile or 3-mile run and let your kids run the 1-miler on this fine November morning! This local tradition has supported non-profit organizations to help strengthen the surrounding communities.
- City of Conroe's Turkey Trot | 2500 S. Loop 336, Conroe, TX 77302
A fun run for all ages! Be sure to buy your tickets in advance.
Upcoming Fall Events
- The Woodlands Renaissance Faire - Rob Fleming Park - 6055 Creekside Forest Drive Spring, TX 77389
The Woodlands is hosting its first Renaissance Faire, and it's FREE! On Sept 24 starting at 6PM, show up in your costume (there's a costume contest!) and be prepared to try some new food, get a henna tattoo and learn how to juggle. There will be live music from The Woodlands Symphony.
- Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work Life, and Influences - Village Books - 9955 Woodlands Parkway Suite F The Woodlands, TX 77382
Come celebrate the "King of Horror" at this free event as you explore King's work over his career and get an insight of what were some of his influences.
There is so much to do in and around The Woodlands TX. We might have missed some favorites, so be sure to share with us any new finds. You can email us, leave a comment below, or tag us on Instagram! @jordanschilleci and @byjoandco
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.