Fall Guide Katy TX
We know that all seasons are beautiful, but there is just something about fall that really gets us going. It gives us a chance to reconnect with friends and family through holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Also, during the fall season, there are plenty of fun things to do in Houston with kids! You can take them to a local farm or visit a farmers' market, go on a hike or play at the park, or attend one of the city's many kid-friendly festivals or events.
So, whether you’re looking for the best place to roast marshmallows, carve pumpkins, or simply enjoy the great outdoors this autumn, we’re here to help with some great fall activities and places you can visit during the season!
Drive through the Fall foliage
- McKinney Falls State Park | 5808 McKinney Falls Pkwy, Austin, TX 78744
Just three hours drive from downtown Houston, this park is an excellent location for spotting foliage and enjoying a weekend getaway from the city. Also, there are 81 campsite options and activities such as hiking or biking in 9 miles of trails, fishing, swimming, bouldering, and picnicking.
- Daingerfield State Park | 455 Park Rd 17, Daingerfield, TX 75638
A little further north, Daingerfield State Park is a good spot for a weekend jaunt as it is a little over four hours out of Katy. Nonetheless, the park is great for camping, and Paddle boating on a lake. Guests can also visit Daingerfield as a spring break trip and enjoy the purple wisteria, honeysuckle, white dogwoods, redbuds and more that bloom in the spring.
Get Lost in Corn Maze
- Dewberry Farm | 7705 FM 362, Brookshire, TX 77423
Dewberry Farm, located only 20 minutes from Katy, offers more than 8 acres of corn mazes. Also, throughout the fall season, they have a variety of exciting activities. Don't miss out!
- Froberg's Farm | 3601 Hwy 6, Alvin, TX 77511
Froberg's Farm is a friendly destination, just about an hour away from Katy. As you walk through the Corn Maze, you'll get a sense of the vast fields and have fun finding your way out. Enjoy the other activities at the farm after you find your way out of the maze.
Go, Apple Picking
- Love Creek Orchards | 14024 TX-16 N, Medina TX 78055
Founded by a couple in 1981, this apple orchard offers apple picking, as well as other seasonal fruits. They even have a store & café where you can purchase tons of homemade goods & choose from a menu full of delicious southern comfort foods. During the fall there’s a pumpkin patch with farm animals, hay mazes, hayrides, fun games, and scarecrow building!
- Apple Valley Orchard – 12340 TX-16, Llano TX 78643
This orchard on 32 acres has over 500 trees for apple picking, as well as berries, peaches, figs, and other seasonal fruits. They also have an on-site store that sells homemade goods, local honey, ice cream, apple cider, pies, and much more. There are tons of different trees that bloom beautiful flowers that make for amazing views!
Attend a Fall Festival
- 4th Annual Fall Festival | 25785 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77494
Join, October 22 from 10AM - 12PM, in on this free fall festival event featuring free food and drinks, games, pumpkin patch, corn maze, a farmers market and so much more!
- Fall Fest & Trunk or Treat | 22111 Morton Ranch Rd, Katy, TX 77449
October 30 from 4PM - 6:30PM you'll find balloon artists, games, inflatables and more at this fall fest! Trunk or treat will start at 5:30PM, come dressed in costumes!
Visit a Local Pumpkin Patch
- Blessington Farms | 510 Chisolm Trail, Wallis, TX 77485
Open now through November 20 on Saturdays and Sundays from 9AM - 4PM. Come pick out a pumpkin and then enjoy the rest of the activities on the farm!
- Halter Inc. | 17410 Clay Rd., Houston, TX 77084
Open every Saturday and Sunday through the month of October! Tickets are $10 to enter and the fee includes all the activities, pony rides, haunted trail, stock yard maze and petting zoo. This pumpkin patch was also featured on the TLC show "The Little Couple".
Go to Live Music
- The Wildcatter Saloon | 26913 Katy Fwy Katy, TX 77494
With live music almost every night of the week, you are in for some entertainment and great tunes. Completed with dart boards, pool tables, and corn hole boards scattered around but stick around for the shows!
- The Social Pub & Grill | 1721 Spring Green Blvd #700 Katy, TX 77494
Featuring live music every Friday and Saturday night, you'll want to grab some food and listen to tunes.
Go to a Farmer's Market
- The Farmer's Market on Grand Parkway | 1225 Grand Parkway (Hwy 99) Katy, TX 77494
Saturday's from 8AM to noon, come and shop fresh local produce and support your surrounding community
- Katy Local Market | 9910 Gaston Rd. Katy TX 77494
This local market is on the last Saturday of every month from 9AM - 1PM. They feature a variety of local vendors and it's a great place to come and shop.
Best Places That Sell Pie
- Proud Pie | 3522 South Mason Rd #300, Katy TX 77450
Pairing pie and coffee together, what could be better? Stop in for some great tasting pies and they have a weekly specialty pie so you'll be wanting to come back for new pies!
- Ooh La La | 23920 Westheimer Pkwy Katy, TX 77494
You'll be saying ooh la la once you taste these delicious pies! They also offer gourmet coffee, other sweet treats like cupcakes and cheesecakes.
Participate in a Halloween Costume Contest
- Monster's Ball | 2300 Pierce Street Houston, TX 77003
Come dressed ready to impress on October 29 starting at 9PM. Face-painters, a photo booth and even magicians will be here to get the haunt on. There is a $1000 prize for the costume contest! Buy your tickets online.
- Houston Family Fun Fest | 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd, Katy, TX 77494
Bring your friends and family and get ready to have a blast at this fun fest. Completed with music, games and giveaways, there will be something for everyone. Enter the kids in the costume contest! This even is free to public.
Get Spooked at a Haunted House
- Houston Scream Fest – 1500 Elton St, Houston, TX 77034
Come to the Haunted House this October! Open on the weekends, along with Halloween Day and Nov 5th-6th & 12th-13th. You'll find live music, zombie paintball, midway games, and multiple haunted houses.
- Phobia Haunted Houses – 5250 S Sam Houston Pkwy E. Houston, Tx 77048
Open on weekends and of course Halloween Day, it starts the last week of September and runs through the first weekend of November. It includes eight different houses that will thrill you and your friends.
Hike in a National Park
- Big Thicket National Preserve – FM 420, Kountze, TX 77625
This is the only one that is a convenient day trip from the city, as it’s situated about an hour and 40 minutes away by car. Big Thicket protects a long, narrow preserve lining the banks of a few meandering creeks. This kind of environment consists of multiple interrelated habitats that attract a wide variety of wildlife. Among the nine different ecosystems in the park are pine forest, bayous, and wetlands. Popular activities here are kayaking, canoeing, and hiking. There are about 40 miles of hiking trails in the park.
- Waco Mammoth National Monument – 6220 Steinbeck Bend Dr, Waco, TX 76708
Waco Mammoth National Monument one of the best national parks near Houston is where you can see a collection of “in situ” fossils, meaning that they’re still embedded in the place where they were originally discovered.
My Favorite Places to Black Friday Shop
- Katy Mills Mall | 5000 Katy Mills Cir Katy, TX 77494
Find some of the best Black Friday deals while shopping at your favorite stores under one roof.
- LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch | 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd Katy, TX 77494
Fitted with dining and shopping, this outdoor mall space is a great way to experience the fresh air and get shopping done.
Watch an Autumn Sunset
- Terry Hershey Park | 15200 Memorial Dr Houston, TX 77079
500 acre park with trails that run along the Buffalo Bayou. You can find an open space, spread a nice picnic blanket out and watch the sunset.
- Archbishop Joseph A. Fiorenza Park | 4025 Eldridge Pkwy Houston, TX 77082
Great place to sit by the water, have a wide open space for yard games or go for walks. You won't want to miss the sun setting by the lake!
Take a Hayride
- Blessington Farms | 510 Chisolm Trail Wallis, TX 77485
If you're in the mood for a fun day out, this farm is the place to visit. There are lots of attractions: take a hayride, go down the giant slides, trike racing and more!
- Oil Ranch | 23501 Macedonia Rd Hockley, TX 77447
Oil Ranch offers many fun activities for the whole family, including cow milking, pony rides, mini golf, a hay ride, and a petting zoo!
Watch a Parade
- 73rd Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade – Near City Hall on Smith St.
On November 24 at 9AM, gather around in downtown Houston for this spectacular parade! With over 20 blocks long of floats, marching bands and balloons!
Outdoor Movie Events
- Movie Under the Moon | 15958 City Walk, Sugar Land, TX 77479 @ Sugar Land Town Square
A Nightmare Before Christmas | Oct. 8 @ 7:30PM
Star Wars: Rouge One | Nov. 12 @ 7:30PM
Join a Turkey Trots
- Katy YMCA 20th Annual Turkey Dash | 22807 Westheimer Parkway Katy, TX 77494
On Thanksgiving day, you are able to race in the timed 10K, timed 5K, 1 mile family run/walk or the 1 mile kids race. All proceeds from this race will go directly to helping the Katy community. The funds go to support scholarships. Be sure to register online.
Upcoming Fall Events
- Texas Renaissance Festival | 21778 FM 1774, Todd Mission, TX 77363
This year marks the 48th annual Texas Renaissance Festival! Step into a world of magic, get dressed up and live in a different world.
- Chick-Fil-A Fall Festival | 2826 W Grand Pkwy N Katy, TX 77449
Gather on October 26 from 5:30PM - 7:30PM and enjoy a live petting, raffles, an obstacle course, interactive games and trunk and treat plus more! Come dressed in a full costume and get a FREE breakfast coupon.
There is so much to do in and around Katy TX. We might have missed some favorites, so be sure to share with us any new finds. You can email us, leave a comment below, or tag us on Instagram! @jordanschilleci and @byjoandco
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.