Atascocita Shores - Humble TX Neighborhoods
Today I wanted to share with you all things Atascoscita Shores, Humble TX. I know that there are tons of neighborhoods to choose from in the Houston area, but I also know there is one that perfectly fits your needs. Each suburb, city, and neighborhood has so much to offer. If you need help navigating, don't think twice about reaching out to me (scheduling a call or email is best).
Two other amazing resources are this blog and our YouTube Channel. The easiest way to navigate the blog is by using the search bar near the top right, or by using the categories. This page nicely organizes the most popular categories. Our goal at Jo & Co., isn't to just be your REALTOR®, but your resource. Now to the meat and potatoes...
WHY PEOPLE LOVE ATASCOCITA SHORES IN HUMBLE TX
Where is Atascocita Shores:
Atascocita Shores is located in the Atascocita portion of Humble right on Lake Houston. It is just 40 minutes north-east from the center of downtown Houston using Hwy 59 north to Beltway 8 east! It's location makes it easy for commutes to employers in downtown Houston, the major industrial and petrochemical employers in East Houston, the Texas Medical Center as well as Generation Park.
Why folks choose Atascocita Shores:
People love that Atascocita Shores is a well kept neighborhood with plenty of trees and a charming feel. It gives its residents access to all that Lake Houston has to offer while still offering a convenient commute to downtown Houston. The hosues range in price from around 200,000 to 650,000.
→ Homes for sale in Atascocita Shores in Humble TX | Link.
Amenities in Atascocita Shores:
The primary amenity Atascocita Shores offers is its proximity to activities on Lake Houston. Here are some fun things to do in and around Lake Houston:
- Fish: Lake Houston is stocked with catfish, largemouth bass, white crappie, bluegill and more
- Hike: Lake Houston Wilderness Park offers 20 miles of hiking trails as well as lakeside cabins, camping facilities and kayak launches
- Golf: The Atascocita Golf Club is located near Atascocita Shores and offers daily tee times as well as golf memberships!
- Old MacDonald's Farm: Explore this 15 acre outdoor park that features petting zoo barns, pony rides, a duck pond, a train ride, play forts and a swimming pool.
- Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens: This 300-acre botanic garden has well manicured hiking trails, picnic areas, barbecue pavilions, a butterfly house, cypress swamp and an abundance of animal life.
- 1886 Humble Backyard: Hang on the open airy backyard patio with a modern outdoor bar, spaced picnic tables, heat lamps and Instagram-worthy lighting. Find more bars near Lake Houston here.
- Find your new favorite craft beer: There are a few local brew spots in Humble that you will want to try out. Ingenious Brewing Company has over 20 small-batch brews and a taproom with TVs, games and fun trivia nights. They also host food trucks. Back Pew Brewing serves unconventional brews in an old restored church. Megaton Brewery has arcades games, video games, billiards and air hockey for you to enjoy while you sip on a local pour. Finally, Lake Houston Brewery, which is a family owned spot with craft spuds, fried shrimp, tacos and more.
B Rated | Humble ISD covers 90+ square miles, houses over 43,000 students, and was recently rated a b-rated school district with an overall score of 88%, which illustrates how close they were to becoming an a-rated school district. Out of all the district's campuses, eight received an A, 13 received a B, 16 received a C, four received a D and two received an F. HISD was unable to receive an overall rating of an A because a campus received a rating of D or F, according to the TEA website.
Here is how the district ranked in each individual domain:
Student Achievement: B
This rating is based on how much students know and are able to do at the end of the school year. HISD earned 88 of 100 possible points.
School Progress: B
This rating is based on how students perform over time, comparing their progress to similar schools. HISD earned 84 of 100 possible points.
Closing the Gaps: B
This rating is based on the performance of different populations of students. HISD earned 89 of 100 possible points.
Here are the A-rated and B-rated schools:
Atascocita Springs—90 (A)
Bear Branch—94 (A)
Eagle Springs—88 (B)
Elm Grove—85 (B)
Fall Creek—87 (B)
Hidden Hollow—88 (B)
Shadow Forest—90 (A)
Willow Creek—95 (A)
Woodland Hills—80 (B)
Kingwood Park—89 (B)
Quest Early College—96 (A)
Summer Creek—84 (B)
Atascocita Shores is conveniently located near the nature-filled fun of Lake Houston while being close enough to the shopping at The Galleria and the business corridors of Houston. This neighborhood is also only 10 miles from the George Bush International Airport making it convenient if you travel often. It is also near Alexander Deussen Park, Sheldon Lake State Park and Environmental Learning Center, Beltway 8 and FM 1960.
For your convenience, there are grocery stores nearby such as Walmart, Kroger and HEB, as well as shopping centers such as Westlake Marketplace that houses a DICK'S Sporting Goods, Ulta Beauty and James Avery. There is also a LifeTime Fitness gym minutes from the neighborhood.
It is only 20 minutes from Deerbrook Mall, which is home to a Macy's, Dillard's and JCPenny, as well as many specialty shops. In this mall area there are many restaurants as well as a Main Event amusement center and the Humble Museum.
Homes for Sale in Humble TX
→ Humble TX Homes for Sale | Link.
→ New Construction Homes for Sale in Humble TX | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Humble TX in Master Planned Communities | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Humble TX on 1+ Acres | Link.
Links You Might Find Interesting
- Other Humble TX Related Blog Posts - Humble TX Category
- What is the weather like in Humble TX? - Link.
- The Best Neighborhoods in Humble TX - Link.
- Things to do in Humble TX - Link.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Humble TX - Link.
- Humble TX Relocation Guide - Link.
Other Neighborhoods in Humble TX
- Balmoral | Homes for sale.
- The Groves | Homes for sale.
- Merrylands | Homes for sale.
- Eagle Springs | Homes for sale.
- Fall Creek | Homes for sale.
- Walden on Lake Houston | Homes for sale.
- Kings Lake Estates | Homes for sale.
- Oaks Atascocita | Homes for sale.
- Pinehurst Atascocita | Homes for sale.
I included links to homes for sale, but I didn't alter the price point, so be sure to use the "Price" option to show you your price point, or you can just "Sort" low to high.
YouTube PlayLists to Check Out
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/.
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us: http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected]
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire: http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.